I am a bit behind on posting some of the small stuff we have done but it has been a whirlwind the past few weeks.
We had some really good friends (more like family) in town for a few days and they really helped get some of the lingering things done around the house. Amongst those big projects, they helped us build a bedroom in the basement. Let me tell you, this was no small effort and their help cannot be overstated. We had planned on creating a living space for our oldest because our fourth bedroom is so small.
So we were able to frame, wire and sheetrock. We still have a bunch of sheet rock screws to install and then begins the taping, mudding and sanding... Ughhh.
So what's left:
- Finish installing sheet rock screws (For sake of time, we just got everything hung with minimum fasteners)
- Tape, Mud
- Texture ceiling
- Install closet door (Can't seem to find the ones RH uses without special ordering)
- Install New Flush Mount Lights
- Prime walls
- Paint walls
- Install Door Trim and Baseboards
- Install Trim and Sill around Window
- Install Tac Strips and Padding for Carpet
- Install carpet (not sure yet if we are going to do this or not... we found carpet at Menard's for $1.19 - $1.49 sqft for what we have in our basement now)
|...and so it begins.|
|1 down 2 more to go.|
|Rudimentary but effective.|
|Back of room and closet|
|Gang boxes hung and ready for|
|Ready to wire.|
|Wiring roughs done.|
|Insulation going in...we insulated between the common area on the other|
side of this wall and around the bathroom. It's not Roxul but the R13 worked
fairly well as a noise barrier. Much better than not insulating.
|Funny thing. We were framed out, had electrical and cable rough ins, and |
insulation complete all in 1 day. RH eat your heart out.
|Pre-Drywall meeting conducted by us with us... |
and sheet rock has begun :)
|Almost done here, just need to do the soffit|
|You can see he cable peeking out. We ran a line up to our study too.|
Our last chance to do this seeing how it is directly above his room.
|There are outlets about every 6ft...and no extra charge. Hmmm. Not sure|
who this builder is but I like them.
|Closet complete and final electrical complete. Put in a Change Order|
with myself to move the closet light switch to the outside of the
closet and guess what? It was approved.
|Did a Non-Standard for a Walk-In closet and guess|
what...it was approved too.... :)