The driveway was poured this morning...
Our one lonely shutter was installed. Still waiting on a few parts to put up the trim around the door and windows.
A drywall repairmen was in and fixed more of the imperfections on the walls and where the electricians moved outlets.
The trim crew are chugging along.
- They installed the Uba Tuba surround on our fireplace and all the trim around it.
- They built a professional set of Garage steps leading into the house. Much better than the temporary ones.
- Nearly finished the railings on the stairs. The part they were missing came in, so they were able to get the catwalk done.
- They installed the two vanity tops and sinks in the master bedroom.
- All the char rail on the first floor was completed.
- The two remaining columns in the family room were installed. They still have the two in our master bathroom to install.
- Baseboards starting going in on the main floor just before they quit for the day.
- One more rail has to be installed tomorrow.
- The rest of the baseboards on the main floor will need to be installed.
- Tomorrow is supposed to be Crown Molding day. Not sure if they will get it all done or not. They still have quite a bit of work left to do in the house.
A look ahead:
- The painters that caulk all the casings, moldings, etc were supposed to be in today but because the trim crew had so much more to do, they pushed if off until tomorrow. Once they fill all the nail holes and seams between the moldings and walls, they will paint the trim. That is going to look amazing.
- I'm hoping the stain guy comes back in tomorrow because the railings will be done, so he can finish. Anxious to see these finished.
- Our lighting fixtures are supposed to be in tomorrow (Wednesday, June 26), so the electricians will be in Thursday (June 27th).
- Our granite counter tops should be installed this Monday (July 1st)... :)
- The plumbers will be in right behind the granite on Tuesday (July 2nd).
|Awww...our poor little winking shutter.|
|They said it was only 1/2" long... It looks bigger|
than that. I hope they still close OK...JK ;-)
|Driveway poured, still need our sidewalk and walkway to the stoop...|
oh, and the stoop.
|Parking pad...nicely sloping AWAY from the house. I lived in a house where|
the driveway was sloped toward the garage. When the sprinklers came on
our garage flooded.
|I really wished they would have let me add a Hammer Head at the top here.|
|New Pressure Treated Stairs complete with a Fruit Drink of some sort...|
|Chair rail done, drywall patched...ready for paneling to go in.|
|Fire Place Trim and Surround Installed. Looks pretty good.|
I can't wait to see it next to the dark hardwood floors.
|Granite Hearth Installed|
|A wooden strip will go over the gap between the granite and wood.|
|Family room columns installed|
|Master bath vanity tops|
|Char Rail going up side of stairs|
|Baseboards in Living Room. This gives you an idea how big those windows|
really are. The blinds I bought just barely fit. There may be a 3/4" gap at
the bottom of the blinds.
|Drywall patch from relocating outlets.|
|Fascia on Dinette roof|
|Family room gable complete|
|Our little German Chimney...|