Day 60 (Sunday, June 16th):
Nothing really going on at the house. It looks like the flooring crew came in and put oak planks on our landing. They should be staining early this week.
Day 61 (Monday, June 17th):
The trim crew was at the house and got a really big head start. They were scheduled for Tuesday but came in and pretty much staged everything from the garage and stared their install. It's actually pretty smart how they broke up this work. They spent most of the day taking everything from the garage and staging it in each room where it belongs. This way they can do an instant inventory too. Sure enough we are missing 3 bathroom sinks...so far.
Then once they had everything staged 2 guys set the upper cabinets then 1 was finishing the lowers himself while they other guy started setting doors. It was pretty smart.
We ran into 2 small issues.
1.) With the molding package we got, we were supposed to get a cased opening between our dining room and butler pantry. With the full faced cabinets and a top drawer in the butler pantry cabinets, the drawer would hit the casing. So we could either just put casing on the dining room side and not wrap the entry way or do a standard sheet rock casing. We decided to go with the sheet rock but asked if they would hang crown molding in the tray in our master bath instead. The trim carpenter had no problem with it because it that job was easier than wrapping the opening. Problem solved.
2.) The electrical outlets we had put in the tray ceilings are sitting up too high for where they normally hand the crown molding. They usually set the crown 1/2" above the bottom of the tray ceiling. We had them put a scrap piece up there at 1/2" and you could see the entire electrical box. Even at 2 1/2" you could see the top of the box and that is before they put the plate on the box. So the electrician is going to have to come in and move the box down.
The siding installed had run out of material at the job before us and wasn't finished up yet to start on ours. He did stop by Saturday and fixed the leak we had. Just in time for a really big rain too. I checked the walls and basement on Sunday and it was dry. Thank goodness.
Here are a few pictures. I hope to have much more tomorrow.
|All the Goodies are in the House|
|Laundry Room & Closet Door|
|Bad Picture of Kitchen (I'm really going to have to start looking down at the screen|
after I snap the pictures)
|They had most of the base cabinets set before we left|
|Butler Pantry. You can see the opening I was talking about.|
That top drawer opens up and would hit the molding.
|Look at all these pretty railings.... oooh, ahhh|
|Basement Vanity (minus top and sink)|
|This was cool. They had all the door casings laid out|
|This is pretty much what they did. Placed all the doors, cabinets, etc. throughout|
|Someone installed all the upstairs vents. This is one of the returns.|
I'm still waiting on an answer from the PM/Contractor on where our
upstairs/bedroom returns are.