First of all... our Pre-Settlement walk-thru is 1 week from today. Yeah that just happened!!!!
Our Quality Inspection is scheduled for this Monday (4 days from now), which means the house has to completely done and cleaned. Our large cleaning is scheduled for this Friday, which also means they will be pulling up that cardboard. We can finally see what these floors look like.
The punch-list crew was in working off a fairly extensive list of things. There were many items on the list that were even farther into the weeds than I was looking...so I'm glad about that. There are still a lot of big items that will need to be done before next week.
One thing on the list that needed to be fixed and I was really glad about. They had to put another back on the glass cabinet above the microwave. Instead of pulling the cabinet and replacing the back, he cut the back down and glued it over the existing one from the inside of the cabinet. On the surface this may seem like a lazy way to fix it but what I liked about it was it covered up the silver screws they used to mount the cabinet...which you see through the glass. I noticed it in every model I went into with glass cabinets.
They painted our front door. It looks really good but haven't put on our door handle yet.
The electrical re-inspection passed.
The broken window in the dining room was replaced.
The painters were in but I couldn't get in the house to see what they had done.
They started on our landscaping. It looked like they didn't get there until late in the day. They probably have a full days worth of work tomorrow but assuming they come back, they will be done tomorrow.
On the Horizon:
- The punch out guy will be working on the house all week getting ready for the QI.
- Painters will probably be back tomorrow to do the touch up.
- Landscapers should finish tomorrow.
- Hopefully the trim will be put on the front of the house now that we got resolution on the columns.
- The electricians will be back in to finish their job tomorrow...I've heard that before with these guys (ceiling fans, incorrect light fixtures, etc.)
- The cleaners come on Friday.
- Door knob for laundry room door
- New coach light that was broken
|Front yard graded. PM said they should be running a rock hound still.|
|Not sure if you can see the coach light (the one on the pole)|
over there that was broken off.
They will have to add that to the list of things to fix now.
|Door looks great. Can't wait to see it with the rest of the trim around the door.|
|Side yard done and they were just starting on the back yard.|
So what's left?
- Swap wrong fixture in the Formal Living Room
- Need to install all our ceiling fans (x4)
- Lights in basement (Storage areas) are all linked together are supposed to be on their own switches (didn't verify this was done yet.).
- Light in basement bathroom
- Fix Coach light outside
- Interior Door Handles (They missed 1. Will probably be installed by Punch Out Guy)
- Tighten one of the railings on the cat walk
- Missing carriage style hardware on the doors they replaced 2.5 months ago.
- Install Gas Cook Top
- Do touch ups from future blue tape rounds (this will probably include all the painting from the repairs above)
- Exterior trim needs to be painted (Finish this once parts come in for trim around door)
- Install Gas Cook Top (Done by Plumbers)
- Finish trim around front door and foyer palladium window (Parts came in and they were the exact parts as the other ones. Apparently they can't get the correct ones and this is what they are using now.)
- Run a rock hound over the yard.
- Install carpet runner on stairs (still haven't done this)
- Everything (Trees, shrubs, bushes, sod, seed, straw and irrigation system)
- Install handle and lock set
- Caulk around the outside of the windows and in between the brick
- Put Address #'s on Mail Box (1 Side Complete, just need the other side)
- Insulate Attic Stairs (They are going to do some sort of batting at the top of the scuttle)
- Paint Attic Stairs closure
- Final Plumbing Inspection
- Final HVAC??
- Water Inspection by Health Department (Can be done at any time now)
- Final County Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (This is ready once electricians and plumbers are done...can be anytime between the end of this week and end of next)
- Quality Inspection by Third Party (This is a bigger deal to the PM than the above inspections. This is one of the things that effect their bonus...I suspect they will be preparing for this the next week or more).
- Need to run cable to the street (or the ugly box in front of my yard)
- Need to run telephone to the street
- Clean house, garage, yard and get ready for closing