Thursday, July 11, 2013
Day 84, 85: Plumbers and Electricians
Day 84: Wednesday, July 10th
The insulation company was back out and insulated the unfinished portion of the basement with that silver blanket stuff. I smelled awful.
The drywall crew was back in sanding what that done the night before. Now it's over to the painter to come in and touch up.
The HVAC company came out and cut the vent for our microwave. Now it can be installed.
The plumbers were in and did some work. I just missed them, so couldn't go in and see what they actually accomplished. I literally missed them by1 minute. I saw them walking to their vans from the end of the street. By the time I turned in to the development, they were pulling out. I stopped one asked if they were the last ones and they said the locked up and were heading out.
Day 85: Thursday, July 11th
The electricians were in today. Again, passed my PM just as I was pulling in and he had just locked up. I met up with him later at the sales office but he was taking a test for his continuing education, so wasn't going to be able to let me in. I'm going over there tomorrow and lunch to get caught up and snap a few pictures.
On the horizon:
The trim carpenters are going to be back in tomorrow to do a few odd items. I believe they are going to install our microwave as well.
The concrete crew is supposed to be pouring...for real this time. ;-) They poured a driveway at another house yesterday and a freak storm blew through. It ruined the cement and cost them over $10,000. So they are being very careful to watch the weather closely.
If we get concrete, then we should get sod and landscaping next Wednesday. This is supposed to be a 1 day event. They also set up a portable irrigation system. Basically a battery operated multi-zone timer and sprinklers with hoses from your outside bibs. RH pays for the first 2 weeks, then you can extend the contract with the contractor on a week-by-week basis. They say it takes 3 weeks for the sod to take.
- The cabinet back that had holes drilled in it was supposed to be in today.
- The columns for either side of our front were supposed to come in tomorrow. Hopefully will be installed after they pour concrete.
- Our ceiling fans should be in soon. There was some talk that they may have had stock on the ones we originally ordered. We had supplied them with an alternate fan because the ones that match our other lighting were discontinued.
So what's left?
Electricians (I Will Verify what was done tomorrow):
- Swap wrong fixture in the Formal Living Room
- Missing parts to install electrical for double oven
- Need to install under cabinet lighting (x5)
- Need to install light in upstairs niche
- Need to install all our ceiling fans (x4)
- Missing 1 Smoke and CO2 detector in basement
- Need can light for one of the bathrooms
- Lights in basement (Storage areas) are all linked together are supposed to be on their own switches
- Interior Door Handles (They missed 1. Will probably be installed by Punch Out Guy)
- Replace cabinet back for cabinet above microwave (they were going to install the electrical outlet for the microwave in the glass front cabinet...so basically you would see the outlet and plug for the microwave)
- Fill visible gaps behind cabinets and walls on right side of kitchen
- Kitchen faucet
- Set sink, faucet and drain in laundry room
- Basement Bathroom sink, faucet and drain
- Shower surrounds (x2)
- Change out chrome drains and overflow valves with oil rubbed bronze
- Do touch ups from future blue tape rounds (this will probably include all the painting from the repairs above)
- Exterior trim needs to be painted (Finish this once parts come in for trim around door)
- Paint front door (apparently the door that was painted in our house was not ours...but the same color)
- Install Microwave (Should be installed by trim carpenter tomorrow)
- Install Gas Cook Top
- Finish trim around front door and foyer palladium window
- Finish pouring: Stoop, walk-way, sidewalk and bottom of driveway (Tomorrow?)
- Finish grading the front yard after cement is poured. This will be done by the landscaping company. I also asked if they were going to run a rock hound over the yard and the answer was "Yes".
- Install carpet runner on stairs
- Everything (Trees, shrubs, bushes, sod, seed and straw)
- Work off blue tape discrepancies (This has already begun)
- Install permanent air vents on first floor
- Hang front door and install handle and lock set
- Caulk around the outside of the windows and in between the brick
- Put Address #'s on Mail Box
- Insulate Attic Stairs (They are going to do some sort of batting at the top of the scuttle)
- Paint Attic Stairs closure
- Energy Star Inspection and Certification (Can do now that carpet is installed)
- Water Inspection by Health Department (Can be done at any time now)
- Final County Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (This is ready once electricians and plumbers are done...can be anytime between the end of this week and end of next)
- Quality Inspection by Third Party (This is a bigger deal to the PM than the above inspections. This is one of the things that effect their bonus...I suspect they will be preparing for this the next week or more).
- Need to run cable to the street (or the ugly box in front of my yard)
- Need to run telephone to the street
- Clean house, garage, yard and get ready for closing