- The final plumbing and water test was done last week and passed.
- Final Building Inspection was done today and failed due to missing anchors on two of the steel columns. An easy fix and the re-inspection is scheduled for early next week. We are still on track for closing on July 26th.
The cleaners were in today. They took the cardboard off the hardwood and had begun cleaning the hardwoods when we got there. This is the first time we have really been able to see them and they are exactly what we wanted. They pretty much were cleaning, wiping and dusting all over the house.
- Too many small things to list...but they were all over the house touching things up and caulking various items.
- Finished painting and trimming the molding around the front door. They patched the screw holes but didn't' do a great job because you can still see the screw heads. I'll bring this up to the PM next week.
- Installed door handle on laundry room door.
- Power washed the outside of the house and garage.
- The PM said he saw them run the rock hound over the yard. I couldn't walk more than a few feet without picking up large boulders.
- They installed the carpet runner on stairs. It turned out pretty nice. Not sure if we will end up pulling it up or not but they didn't use tack strips and used very few staples to install it.
- They finished mulching our flower beds
- They finished setting up irrigation system
- Just found out from my PM that we are supposed to contact the cable and telephone company to get them to run the wiring from the house to the street. Didn't know this. I called Time Warner to hook up service on June 30th and they were supposed to do a trouble ticket to see if we can get service at our house and call me back by July 5th. These guys must work with the electricians...no call, no service.
- Still MIA. The excuse they are using now is they are having vehicle issues.
|Was getting artistic|
I call this one, "View from the creeper across the street."
|Mulch done...Electrical Work NOT So Much!!!|
|Power Washed the Garage|
|Carpet Runner Installed|
|Those boxes are all our ceiling fans and|
light fixtures that have to be installed.
|The floors hadn't been cleaned yet, so they still have dust on them.|
So what's left?
Electricians (I told the PM, I may install these things and send them a bill!!!):
- Swap wrong fixture in the Formal Living Room
- Need to install all our ceiling fans (x4)
- Lights in basement (Storage areas) are all linked together are supposed to be on their own switches (didn't verify this was done yet.).
- Light in basement bathroom
- Fix Coach light outside
- Swap dome light at top of basement stairs
- Install proper light in upstairs niche
- A few small touch ups inside the house (they may have been done by the end of the day).
- Finish spackling screw heads on molding around front door and paint.
- Caulk around the outside of the windows and in between the brick (I forgot to ask the PM about this, I'll talk to him next week.).
- Put Address #'s on Mail Box (1 Side Complete, just need the other side). Parts are back ordered.
- Insulate Attic Stairs (They are going to do some sort of batting at the top of the scuttle)
- Other Misc. Punch List Items as noted by the PM. He was making a new list while we were there, so I figured I would add to it while we were there. He probably would have noticed them too but we are getting down to the wire and would prefer to have as few things to do and as few workers in the house between now and closing as possible. It seems like each time one of the trades comes in, they do some sort of damage. I'm really not looking forward to the electricians coming back because they are not gentle.
- Final County Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (Re-scheduled for next Tuesday)
- Quality Inspection by Third Party (Scheduled for Monday).