The electricians finished hooking up our double oven, installed the two bathroom lights that were missing and all our under cabinet lights. They still have a few items to do on the punch list below.
The plumbers installed the laundry sink, kitchen faucet, basement bath fixtures and swapped out all the chrome fixtures for oil rubbed bronze.
The trim carpenters installed our microwave, replaced the paneling that was removed to patch the air vent in the dining room and installed trim pieces to hide the gaps behind the cabinets in the kitchen.
The concrete crew was out to install the rest of our driveway, the sidewalk at the street and our walk way and stoop. They ran out of concrete and left 1 section of the sidewalk not poured...but for the most part they are done. We can start landscaping now.
On the Horizon:
- Continued punch out items getting ready for Quality Inspection.
- Landscaping this upcoming Wednesday... we hope. They are supposed to do the final grading and run a rock hound over the lot.
- Cabinet back for Glass Cabinet in Kitchen
- Columns for either side of front door
- Ceiling fans
- Surface mounted light for formal living room
- Door knob for laundry room door
- Cracked front window in dining room
|Laundry Sink. Bigger than I thought it was going to be.|
That is the Travertine Laminate top. Not bad actually, a good match with cabinets.
|Sad little faucet for such a grand house. We didn't like any of the upgrade|
options and especially the prices. They didn't have an
oil rubbed bronze option at all.
|Microwave in and ready for use. Plumbers are supposed |
to be installing the gas cook top. Also, notice the under cabinet lights.
|Under cabinet lights in butler pantry.|
|I think this is supposed to be the niche light. What a mess!!!|
|All the chrome was swapped out for bronze.|
|Bronze vice chrome|
|Basement bath finished|
|This is how they hooked up our microwave.|
|Finally a walk way|
|This should make it easier to step up into the house.|
So what's left?
- Swap wrong fixture in the Formal Living Room (Still waiting on Light)
- Need to install all our ceiling fans (x4). Waiting for these to come in.
- Lights in basement (Storage areas) are all linked together are supposed to be on their own switches (didn't verify this was done yet.).
- Interior Door Handles (They missed 1. Will probably be installed by Punch Out Guy)
- Replace cabinet back for cabinet above microwave (they were going to install the electrical outlet for the microwave in the glass front cabinet...so basically you would see the outlet and plug for the microwave)
- Tighten one of the railings on the cat walk
- Shower surrounds (x2)
- Install Gas Cook Top
- Do touch ups from future blue tape rounds (this will probably include all the painting from the repairs above)
- Exterior trim needs to be painted (Finish this once parts come in for trim around door)
- Paint front door (apparently the door that was painted in our house was not ours...but the same color)
- Install Gas Cook Top (Done by Plumbers)
- Finish trim around front door and foyer palladium window (Still waiting on parts)
- Finish grading the front yard after cement is poured. This will be done by the landscaping company. I also asked if they were going to run a rock hound over the yard and the answer was "Yes". This is going to be done by the landscaping company, not the excavation company.
- Install carpet runner on stairs (still haven't done this)
- Fix large gap they left next to wall in basement. The carpet didn't quite make it all the way to the wall.
- Everything (Trees, shrubs, bushes, sod, seed, straw and irrigation system)
- Patch new holes made by electricians
- Work off blue tape discrepancies (This has already begun)
- Install permanent air vents on first floor
- Hang front door and install handle and lock set
- Caulk around the outside of the windows and in between the brick
- Put Address #'s on Mail Box
- Insulate Attic Stairs (They are going to do some sort of batting at the top of the scuttle)
- Paint Attic Stairs closure
- Install covers/trim pieces over dryer vent in laundry room
- Install covers/trim pieces over washer spigots in laundry room
- Energy Star Inspection and Certification (Can do now that carpet is installed)
- Water Inspection by Health Department (Can be done at any time now)
- Final County Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (This is ready once electricians and plumbers are done...can be anytime between the end of this week and end of next)
- Quality Inspection by Third Party (This is a bigger deal to the PM than the above inspections. This is one of the things that effect their bonus...I suspect they will be preparing for this the next week or more).
- Need to run cable to the street (or the ugly box in front of my yard)
- Need to run telephone to the street
- Clean house, garage, yard and get ready for closing
- There is tons of boxes and trash in our garage since the dumpster has been taken away.
- The brick in our front yard was finally hauled off