Day 74: Sunday, June 30, 2013...No Work
Day 75: Monday, July 1st, 2013
The plumbers were in and installed bath, shower and sink fixtures and drains. They still have a few items to do but are almost done.
The painters were still working away finishing all the trim in the dining room and stairs.
The stainer finished the stairs.
The granite counter tops were installed.
Some how there was a mix up and they didn't order/measure/cut/make the counter top for the butler pantry. This hopefully will be ordered and installed soon.
Still need the formica counter top in the laundry room so the plumbers can set the sink.
A look ahead...
- There may be little to no work going on in our house this week due to the holiday. The PM is scheduling nearly everything for next week (My theory is that he is realizing I was right and he was 2 weeks off on his estimate, so he is sand bagging the project to bring us in closer to the projected finish date).
- The PM did say we should have cleaners in on Monday, then carpet shortly there after.
- We are waiting on weather to pour the remaining walkways and sidewalks. They have been trying to pour since last Saturday. As soon as they poor, they will re-grade the front of the house and bring in sod and landscaping.
So what's left?
- Granite counter tops in Butler Pantry
- Formica in Laundry Room
- Swap wrong fixture in the Formal Living Room
- Missing parts to install electrical for double oven
- Need to install under cabinet lighting (x5)
- Need to install light in upstairs niche
- Need to install all our ceiling fans (x4)
- Missing 1 Smoke and CO2 detector in basement
- Need can light for one of the bathrooms
- Lights in basement (Storage areas) are all linked together are supposed to be on their own switches
- Basement vanity top and sink
- Interior Door Handles
- Trim around double oven after installation
- Missing piece of trim on stairs
- Install attic stairs
- Replace cabinet back for cabinet above microwave (they were going to install the electrical outlet for the microwave in the glass front cabinet...so basically you would see the outlet and plug for the microwave)
- Kitchen faucet
- Set sink, faucet and drain in laundry room
- Basement Bathroom sink, faucet and drain
- Shower surrounds (x2)
- Towel rods and paper holders
- Do touch ups from future blue tape rounds (this will probably include all the painting from the repairs above)
- Exterior trim needs to be painted
- Paint front door (apparently the door that was painted in our house was not ours...but the same color)
- Install Microwave (Still need to cut vent for the hood portion of this appliance)
- Install Double Oven (Electricians still need to do their part on this)
- Finish trim around front door and foyer palladium window
- Finishing pouring: Stoop, walk-way, sidewalk and bottom of driveway
- Finish grading the front yard after cement is poured
- Install carpet and transition strips between different flooring.
- Everything (Trees, shrubs, bushes, sod, seed and straw)
- Fix hole made from moving light switch at bottom of stairs
- Fix hole made from moving air return in dining room
- Fix holes made from moving electrical outlets in kitchen for back splash
- Work off blue tape discrepancies
- Install Mail Box
- Install permanent air vents on first floor
- Install Closet Racks
- Hang front door and install handle and lock set
- Caulk around the outside of the windows and in between the brick
- Install all the screens on the windows
- Energy Star Inspection and Certification
- Water Inspection by Health Department
- Final County Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy
- Need to run cable to the street (or the ugly box in front of my yard)
- Need to run telephone to the street
- Clean house, garage, yard and get ready for closing
Here are some Pictures from today...
|Wanted a picture of the Foyer Chandelier from the outside|
|Let there be Granite and there was...|
|I wanted it to have some gold but it may be a little too gold...not sure yet.|
I think when the cardboard comes off the floors it will have help ground this space
|Dining Room...with paneling|
|They had to mount these outlets in the back splash :(|
|I really like that detail about the fire place|
|Missing can light and some of these fixtures just|
don't match. We'll have to ask about this.
|Awww...the bathtub is calling my name...just needs a good thorough cleaning.|
|Roman shower...just need surround.|
|Columns installed and painted|
|Almost done, just need ceiling fans|
|I'm pretty sure this chandelier isn't crooked (not centered on window) and it|
was just where I was standing when I took the picture.