Day 94-95: Sat/Sun July 20/21, 2013 - No Work on the house.
Day 96: Monday July 22nd, 2013 -
Received an unofficial approval from our final underwriting today. I guess we should get a final letter some time this week (I guess we will have to considering our closing is Friday). The settlement coordinator sent us an advanced copy of our HUD-1 last Friday. I'm going to continue to be in a defensive crouch, ready for anything, until we sign on the dotted line.
The 3rd part inspection firm came through and did the QI. Overall went as expected. They marked a couple dings and dents that needed some paint. There was 1 bigger thing with the dishwasher. The inspector noted some water under the sink after running the unit. Not sure what the problem was but it's being taken care of.
The electricians finally showed up and did part of their work before the QI. They were supposed to came back after lunch and finish but I'm not sure if they did.
They fixed the pole light out front and installed the light in the basement shower. They still had a laundry list of things to do. We'll see if they finished it by the end of the day.
The PM had to go out and source some down rods for the 2 ceiling fans in the family room. There was just no way they would have worked as flush mounts all the way up there.
The other item IRT the ceiling fans was how to control the ones in the family room. That was an unanswered question dating back to the sales process I had forgotten to follow up on. Nobody seemed to know if these came with remotes or not. They did indicate they came with rods that didn't ship with them incidentally... The PM sourced a couple variable speed switches and is having them installed in the wall. Problem solved. Good to go.
The painters caulked around the outside of the windows and in between the brick and siding. They didn't' do a great job because. The caulking isn't smooth and there are large gaps where water could get in. The PM had already noticed it and will have them back after it stops raining.
The punch out guys and cleaners finished up their work.
The downspout catchers were placed backwards. Not sure if these guys have ever done this before or not but the water is supposed to drain away from the house, not toward it. See pictures below.
The Lolly columns in the basement were bolted down. This was the discrepancy from that last building inspection. So it should pass next time.
The grass and most of the bushes and shrubs seem to be doing well. We have a little tree next to the corner of the house that doesn't seem to have taken the transfer too well. It's getting lots of water, so we'll see if it lasts the week.
They poured the rest of our sidewalk in conjunction with someone else's driveway over the weekend.
On the horizon:
- Final Building Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (Take 2) - Tomorrow.
- Pre-settlement walk-thru prep to work off QI discrepancies.
- Pre-settlement walk-thru on Wednesday.
- Work off the discrepancies I note during the pre-settlement walk-thru on Wednesday and Thursday
- Close on Friday
- Move-in Friday-Saturday...
- Enjoy our new home...a lifetime!!!
- Sconce light for basement stairs.
- Numbers for Mail Box.
|Broken light kind of repaired. It seems to be|
listing a little to the right.
|The water catcher there is backwards|
|Defective Dishwasher (Sounds like my Spouse)|
|This drain has to be re-centered|
|Niche Light Installed|
|Light in basement bath installed|
|This poor little tree may not make it|
So what's left?
- Swap wrong fixture in the Formal Living Room (Haven't confirmed it came in or not)
- Need to install all our ceiling fans (x4)
- Lights in basement (Storage areas) are all linked together are supposed to be on their own switches.
- Fix Coach light outside (It was listing and had a shard of broken glass inside it)
- Swap dome light at top of basement stairs with sconce (Waiting for this light to come in). This might be a service call after closing.
- A few small touch ups inside the house. Items noted by QI and my final personal QI.
- Re-caulk around outside of windows. Spoke to PM he is on it.
- Finish spackling screw heads on molding around front door and paint. Spoke to PM on this and he is on it.
- Put Address #'s on Mail Box (1 Side Complete, just need the other side). Parts are back ordered, this might be a service call after closing.
- Insulate Attic Stairs (They are going to do some sort of batting at the top of the scuttle)
- Final County Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (Re-scheduled for tomorrow)