The carpet installers finished all the carpet last night as promised. They had to make the runner for the stairs off-site and then will bring it back and install it.
Blue Tape Jamboree:
The drywall crew was in fixing scrapes and dings. Still lots of blue tape to work off and the PM's haven't even finished putting all the blue tape in the house. This process will probably be going on for the next week to get the house ready for the QI (Quality Inspection).
The granite company came back and installed the granite in the butler pantry and dropped off the laminate counter top for the laundry room.
No sign of:
- Concrete company (going on 2 weeks now). They set the forms and gravel on June 24th (15 days ago).
- Electricians. They said they would be in last Wednesday, then Friday, then Saturday...now we can't get them on the phone. Time to Hire Someone else. You know you are in trouble when the housing inspector has nicknamed your electrician "Easy Money". I was hoping he was just kidding but I'm seeing he must really know this guy.
- Plumbers. The only excuse I would give them is they were waiting on our laundry counter top to come in...but other than that, they have plenty to do.
The only thing left where we will see some real transformation is the landscaping. I'm running out of things to report because there is so little going on at the house (which is discouraging). My blog posts may become a bit bland. I can only take so many pictures of blue tape and drywall patches. :(
|First time closing these doors to see what they look like|
|First look at faux area rug|
|Granite in Butler Pantry|
|Laundry counter top with sink installed. |
Just needs to be paired with base cabinet.
|Bedroom #4 looking toward stairs and Jack & Jill bath|
This is the smallest bedroom but has the best view
|Looking through Jack & Jill to Bedroom #3|
|Landing with carpet finished|
|I don't think we will get the full effect until|
that blasted cardboard is removed
|Looking out of Master Bedroom|
|Finished portion of basement|
So what's left?
- Formica in Laundry Room (Arrived but need to be installed)
Electricians (STILL MIA):
- Swap wrong fixture in the Formal Living Room
- Missing parts to install electrical for double oven
- Need to install under cabinet lighting (x5)
- Need to install light in upstairs niche
- Need to install all our ceiling fans (x4)
- Missing 1 Smoke and CO2 detector in basement
- Need can light for one of the bathrooms
- Lights in basement (Storage areas) are all linked together are supposed to be on their own switches
- Interior Door Handles (They missed 1. Will probably be installed by Punch Out Guy)
- Replace cabinet back for cabinet above microwave (they were going to install the electrical outlet for the microwave in the glass front cabinet...so basically you would see the outlet and plug for the microwave)
- Kitchen faucet
- Set sink, faucet and drain in laundry room
- Basement Bathroom sink, faucet and drain
- Shower surrounds (x2)
- Do touch ups from future blue tape rounds (this will probably include all the painting from the repairs above)
- Exterior trim needs to be painted (Finish this once parts come in for trim around door)
- Paint front door (apparently the door that was painted in our house was not ours...but the same color)
- Install Microwave (Still need to cut vent for the hood portion of this appliance)
- Install Gas Cook Top
- Finish trim around front door and foyer palladium window
- Finishing pouring: Stoop, walk-way, sidewalk and bottom of driveway (Who Knows When?)
- Finish grading the front yard after cement is poured
- Install carpet runner on stairs
- Everything (Trees, shrubs, bushes, sod, seed and straw)
- Work off blue tape discrepancies (This has already begun)
- Insulate unfinished portion of the basement
- Install permanent air vents on first floor
- Hang front door and install handle and lock set
- Caulk around the outside of the windows and in between the brick
- Put Address #'s on Mail Box
- Insulate Attic Stairs (They are going to do some sort of batting at the top of the scuttle)
- Paint Attic Stairs closure
- Energy Star Inspection and Certification (Can do now that carpet is installed)
- Water Inspection by Health Department (Can be done at any time now)
- Final County Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (This is ready once electricians and plumbers are done...can be anytime between the end of this week and end of next)
- Quality Inspection by Third Party (This is a bigger deal to the PM than the above inspections. This is one of the things that effect their bonus...I suspect they will be preparing for this the next week or more).
- Need to run cable to the street (or the ugly box in front of my yard)
- Need to run telephone to the street
- Clean house, garage, yard and get ready for closing