Looks like the plumbers were in and installed two of our shower door enclosures. The also installed the trim pieces around the Washer and Dryer hook ups.
Got a call from the PM on the stairway light. Basically the county is sticking to their guns and saying, "Sorry we missed it when we reviewed the plans and sorry we missed it during the rough inspection but we want a light on the stairs." So they put an ugly dome light on the stairs. See pictures below. The re-inspection is tomorrow.
Someone installed our mail box numbers but only on 1 side versus 2. I drove through the neighbor community where the model is and they have numbers on both sides. I'm sure we will get them too.
A large mound of dirt showed up in our back yard. I'm assuming it is for the final grading tomorrow. They are digging the other Highgrove at the other end of the street and brought some of their dirt over.
The plastic was removed from our double oven and microwave. Oooh, aaah, they are pretty. :)
On the Horizon:
- The punch out guy will be working on the house all week getting ready for the QI.
- Electrical re-inspection scheduled for
- Painters come back in Wednesday to do the touch up.
- Landscapers come on Wednesday and will do the entire yard in 1 day.
- Hopefully the trim will be put on the front of the house now that we got resolution on the columns.
- The new glass cabinet back can be put on too.
- Ceiling fans (MIA)
- Surface mounted light for formal living room (MIA)
- Niche Light for Upstairs
- Door knob for laundry room door
- Cracked front window in dining room
|Sidewalk done except a small patch at the end|
|Walk way done|
|Note the pipes running under the walk way. The plumbers left this stuff|
behind and I asked the PM to just place it under there for future use.
|Our little stoop. I would have liked a porch or even an overhang. Guess we will|
be entering and exiting through the garage when it rains.
|Garage partially cleaned out. The PM was doing this yesterday. I had asked|
him if he had people to do this. He said, we are the people. Probably not
the highest and best use of his time.
|Shiny new Double Oven|
|Advantium Microwave.... the nobs on this thing look pretty intimidating.|
Sort of like a cockpit in an airplane.
|They sent this big piece of plywood to fix the back on our cabinet.|
|With this torn apart, I can only guess that either it didn't work at all or the|
polarity was wrong during the inspection.
|Trim on W/D Hook Ups|
|County required dome light on stairs.|
|I don't know what I would do without this|
useless light sticking out from my wall.
|Sealing the gaps in the pillars, I'm assuming.|
|Oil rubbed bronze shower enclosure (basement)|
|Master bath Roman Shower|
|Our new dirt pile...|
|The Highgrove going in sort of behind us and up the street.|
So what's left?
- Swap wrong fixture in the Formal Living Room (Still waiting on Light)
- Need to install all our ceiling fans (x4). Waiting for these to come in.
- Lights in basement (Storage areas) are all linked together are supposed to be on their own switches (didn't verify this was done yet.).
- Interior Door Handles (They missed 1. Will probably be installed by Punch Out Guy)
- Replace cabinet back for cabinet above microwave (they were going to install the electrical outlet for the microwave in the glass front cabinet...so basically you would see the outlet and plug for the microwave)
- Tighten one of the railings on the cat walk
- Missing carriage style hardware on the doors they replaced 2.5 months ago.
- Install Gas Cook Top (They moved it closer to where it is supposed to be installed and opened the box...shwwww...tough day!!!)
- Do touch ups from future blue tape rounds (this will probably include all the painting from the repairs above)
- Exterior trim needs to be painted (Finish this once parts come in for trim around door)
- Paint front door (apparently the door that was painted in our house was not ours...but the same color)
- Install Gas Cook Top (Done by Plumbers)
- Finish trim around front door and foyer palladium window (Parts came in and they were the exact parts as the other ones. Apparently they can't get the correct ones and this is what they are using now.)
- Finish grading the front yard after cement is poured. This will be done by the landscaping company. I also asked if they were going to run a rock hound over the yard and the answer was "Yes". This is going to be done by the landscaping company, not the excavation company.
- Install carpet runner on stairs (still haven't done this)
- Fix large gap they left next to wall in basement. The carpet didn't quite make it all the way to the wall.
- Everything (Trees, shrubs, bushes, sod, seed, straw and irrigation system)
- Work off blue tape discrepancies (This has already begun)
- Install permanent air vents on first floor
- Hang front door and install handle and lock set
- Caulk around the outside of the windows and in between the brick
- Put Address #'s on Mail Box (1 Side Complete, just need the other side)
- Insulate Attic Stairs (They are going to do some sort of batting at the top of the scuttle)
- Paint Attic Stairs closure
- Final Electrical Inspection (Failed)
- Final Plumbing Inspection
- Final HVAC??
- Water Inspection by Health Department (Can be done at any time now)
- Final County Inspection for Certificate of Occupancy (This is ready once electricians and plumbers are done...can be anytime between the end of this week and end of next)
- Quality Inspection by Third Party (This is a bigger deal to the PM than the above inspections. This is one of the things that effect their bonus...I suspect they will be preparing for this the next week or more).
- Need to run cable to the street (or the ugly box in front of my yard)
- Need to run telephone to the street
- Clean house, garage, yard and get ready for closing