- Finished patching holes made from running wires on bar back
- Mounted 12" Tall Upper Cabinets to 30" Uppers and Wall
- Alignment isn't great due to wall being crooked. Will need to sand faces a bit before staining
- Built Bridge above cabinets
- Wired and installed rest of above cabinet and under bridge Xenon puck lights
- A little concerned that although the lights under the bridge will provide task lighting for the bar sink and counter top, they might cast a glare on the TV going in between the cabinets. Originally, these 3 lights were going to be on a separate switch but we ended up putting them on the same one as the rest of the puck lights.
|Ran a piece of Red Oak 1x2 across both upper cabinets|
|Had to scarf in a 2' section on right. You can see it up close but from a distance|
it's tougher to see. Will need to sand down a bit to hide joint.
|In this pic you can see the gap between Oak Veneer on the 12" and 30"|
cabinets. These panels come in 12"W x 30" H sheets. Unless you want
to buy and cut a 4'x8' sheet. So we will be putting a piece of trim over the gap.
|Crown installed. Again there is a splice on the right side... which you can see|
up close. Still need to do some glue magic to hold the two pieces together.
|Those doors r just loosely put in place to get spacing. They're not adjusted.|
|Crown finished and panel in middle installed|
|Probably going to add some cove molding on that piece in the back with|
|Puck lights installed and wired|
|All Lit Up!!! Of course in person it doesn't look like you have 5|
spot lights on the ceiling. The naked eye just sees a light glow!
|Added a decorative trim piece to back to dress up support piece|
|Close Up Shot of Trim... Don't look too close :-(|